It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything about GigaWatch. I’ve been busy working on adding more features and it’s now time to announce what’s been done over the course of last few months.
One of the most notable features added was “Cloud Sync” button. If you have access to an FTP server, you can use it now to automatically and remotely download recorded data from all of the computers you’re monitoring. I’ve tried to make this feature as easy to use as possible, so now after you set everything up, it resorts to a single click of a button to download and sync data from your FTP server. Just don’t forget to set up your monitoring modules to upload recorded data to this server every few hours.
In other news, I’ve improved the speed of accessing log data when clicking days in calendar widget, added and confirmed full monitoring compatibility with Windows 8 and fixed a decent number of bugs tormenting the software.
One of our users was kind enough to point out that GigaWatch is not properly monitoring multiple concurrent Remote Desktop sessions. I’ve rewritten a large portion of code to address this issue and I can say it works great. It’s currently in beta-testing phase. Remote Dekstop sessions monitoring feature will be included in version 1.6.0.x.
If you want to try out the new features yourself, you can always download the latest version of GigaWatch on our download page.
Here is the full list of changes that were made to GigaWatch in recent versions:
- Added support for Windows 8.
- Fixed a rare crash bug with hiding GigaWatch processes.
- Fixed a rare crash bug with monitoring Firefox when large files were being uploaded to web sites.
- Improved reliability of process injection.
- Improved update time when modifying list of blocked websites or applications.
- Added support for sending recorded data to FTP server.
- Added Cloud Sync feature that allows to sync all computers via FTP servers.
- Added Settings panel where you can add FTP servers for later use with Cloud Sync.
- More fixes to capturing Facebook messages.
- Improved GigaWatch speed when syncing and loading data.
- Minor interface improvements added.
- Fixed issue when some Facebook messages were not captured.
Have a great week and Happy New Year 2013!